Welcome!

2012 PSE Stinger 3G vs Brute X – Q & A with PSE’s Bobby V

PSE’s Bobby V compares the 2012 PSE Stinger 3G versus the 2012 PSE Brute X. To see how other’s compare the bows, go to our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/OfficialPSEArchery.

10 responses

1. Mike

If I shoot amy bow at 65Lbs., does it hurt the performance by turning down a 70 lb. bow to 65Lbs.? Is it better to shoot a 60lb. bow turned all the way up or a 70lb. bow turned down to 65? I can shoot at 70lbs, but its hard to draw in my treestand when its cold.

April 27, 2012 at 5:28 pm

• Cody Richardson

Its fine to shoot a bow anywhere in its weight range, it will effect speed but with yours only being a 5 pound difference you wont notice a thing. I shoot my 70# stinger at 57#, smooth and fast all day long. Happy Shootin!

May 23, 2012 at 11:18 am

2. Dexter

I’ve decided to purchase either a Stinger 3G or the Brute X for my 13 year old son. I’ve been to two different Pro Shops looking at these bows. One Pro Shop says that either bow can be adjusted from 40 to70 pounds. The other says that I must pick 50 to 60 pounds or 60 to 70 pounds draw weight. Could you please clarify? The PSE literature lists it as follows. DRAW WEIGHTS: 50, 60, 70 lbs.
    Thanks for your help!

June 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm

• You can turn both bows out 10 turns from the bottom, which is about 20 pounds down from peak weight. So your 70# bow will turn down to 50#. 30-50, 40-60, 50-70.

June 13, 2012 at 8:12 am

• the brute can be tuned for different people and a variety of weight ranges. the stinger is more along the lines of a bow specifically tuned for a person. Me I would go with a stinger for the performance, but keep in mind he might grow out of the bow.

July 22, 2012 at 4:07 am

3. charles caldwell

I have the 2012 stinger 3g and the carbon force 300 sniper arrows, how many grains per pound of draw weigh should the arrows weigh.

July 28, 2012 at 9:41 am

• It depends on your draw weight. 50 to 60lbs is 200 or 250 grain arrows and normally 100 grain tips i think. Hope this helps

August 15, 2012 at 6:09 pm

4. Simon

I have a 60lb stinger. What is the design difference between the 60 & 70lb model and can the 60lb model be converted to a 70lb ??

November 21, 2012 at 11:18 pm

• Zach

I am in the same boat. I have a 60lb Sting 3G as well and would like to upgrade it to 70lb specs. Can this be done without buying a complete new setup?

July 13, 2013 at 10:00 am

5. Dale Sides

I recently purchased the Stinger 3G and have fallen in love with it. On the Ready to Shoot package it comes with 3 pins. What do people generally set the distance to for these pins on the Stinger 3G?

February 11, 2013 at 9:32 pm